CoastHills Community Foundation
Making a difference in our neighbors’ lives.
At CoastHills, we believe our actions must reflect our core values. We aspire to be a positive force on the Central Coast, making a difference in our neighbors’ lives. It’s the most important work we do.
Another great day is more than a tagline, it’s the effort we bring to the table every day so that all of us—members, neighbors, coworkers—can prosper together.
Rancho Vino 2015 raised $55K for Allan Hancock College and the future of farming in our region
Our efforts focus on real needs expressed by our nonprofit partners:
We make a difference
in our neighbors' lives.
- $50K in scholarships annually for community college students throughout our five-county field of membership
- $25K in sponsorships annually to help community and school activities
- $625K in contributions to date for the Mission Hope Cancer Center, Children’s Miracle Network, the Foodbank, and other nonprofits funded by our annual Rancho Vino fundraiser
- Employee-led school makeovers, bikes for foster kids, food-filled backpacks for Foodbank participants, Chili cook-off for CASA, and more
- Major sponsorships for local nonprofit initiatives
We support more than 200 community-based charitable organizations each year. Whether it’s a car show for vets or the high school band, if it is important to our community, it is important to us. With a little help from your friends
For us, it’s about more than just money. It’s about rolling up our sleeves and participating in the change we seek. From funding projects in schools to building bikes for foster kids, the CoastHills Community Foundation connects us with our members, our neighbors, and each other. Foundation History
The CoastHills Community Foundation was formed in 2005 as a 501(c)(3) to provide funding and support of our community outreach initiatives. In 2007, we held our first Rancho Vino wine auction, our signature fundraising event. Through Rancho Vino, and with the spirited support of our amazing staff volunteers, Rancho Vino has raised over $625K for local charities. Additionally, in 2011, new CoastHills Credit Union members began to contribute to the foundation via a one-time $5 membership fee, truly making this a neighbors helping neighbors initiative.
For more information, please contact Rebecca J. Alarcio, community foundation director, via email or by phone at (805) 733-7628.